Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Toy storage solution from the Land of Nod


My search for the perfect toy storage solution began months ago, as the colorful, plastic knick-knacks began to take over the playroom. I needed storage that would endure my 15-month old's daily abuse, provide ample space for our abundance of toys and look good in the room. I wanted my daughter to be able to access the toy bins on her own and not be able to tip or spill the contents of the bins. I saw a few solutions at Target, Ikea and The Company Store. Target and Ikea offered very similar toy storage options: basic natural wood structure with primary colored plastic bins that could easily pull out. I thought these items looked cheap and were a waste of money. I knew deep down that those bins would alway be on the floor, tipped over, and that the toys would continue their domination of the room. The Company Store offered some cute solutions but I felt that they were better suited for a bedroom and I wasn't really looking for anything with drawers. Then I stumbled across the Land of Nod web site...a site I wish I had known about when shopping for baby. I would have loved to register here! As soon as I saw the "Storage Palooza" toy bins, I knew I had found the perfect item. I purchased two (the red three bin and the french blue two bin) and they looked great in our playroom. My only complaint was that one of the bins arrived damaged. I was dreading the idea of shipping this item back and awaiting a new one, so I reluctantly placed a call to the Land of Nod customer service. Surprisingly, they were extremely helpful. I literally will not have to lift a finger (or drive anywhere lugging along this heavy storage bin). They will send a replacement and FedEx will come to my house to pick up the old one, at absolutely no cost to me. In the meantime, I will use the damaged bin until my new one arrives in 5-7 days. This snobby mommy is a very happy Land of Nod customer. I think my next purchase just may be the Land of Nod activity table...can't wait!

No comments: